Saturday, March 19, 2011

No Excuses

This is just going to be a short post (I know -- I've said that before!). I have had some success in the past couple of weeks that I did not have in the previous years. I have lost 45 lbs. since Christmas (it is now March 19). A friend who is a fitness expert thinks this is a huge feat.
   
My weight loss has taught me a couple of things, though and I would like to share those.
    
1) Some people fail at diets because they don't truly commit to them. Period.
   
2) Some people fail at diets because they medically cannot succeed.
   
3) Some people succeed at diets because they don't see them as "diets" but "life-style changes," and commit to them.
   
4) The people who have the most success usually have a very good reason to succeed, not just a desire.
   
This site is title "No Apologies," but I now offer up No Excuses for the past 20 years. I never truly committed myself to doing what was necessary to be healthy until my poor health threatened my ability to take care of my wife, who is going through chemotherapy. SHE is my reason to get and STAY healthy. Victor Frankl developed a type of practice called "Logo Therapy" in which people are given a reason to succeed. You can withstand any WHAT as long as you have a strong enough WHY. 
   
So all those out there who just "can't lose weight," I call to you to join me in offering no more excuses. It's time to take your future in your own hands. And, by the way, I offer that same invitation to those who "can't quit smoking," or whatever bad habit/addiction may be holding you down. Find your reason, make your commitment, and NEVER LOOK BACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment